Jill Pottle

 
 
 
My paintings and drawings have been described as expressionist realism. I mostly work in oils, dry and oil pastels, even though other materials enter into my work. My preferred subject matter is still life and as I describe below the figure and landscape come into play as well. I thrive on the interpretation of how realism can be represented. My artwork has life and breath and a sense of time moving forward. Seasonal changes alter the feeling and content of my artwork. These shifts coincide with material usage. Spring and the summer are times of landscape, when the greens are warm and luminous. The dead of winter is time to be studying the figure and still life. While the correspondence is not exact, I find that my desire to work in a variety of subject matter is influenced by the physical conditions under which I work: light, temperature, inside or outside the studio.


 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

Jill is the recipient of many awards and grants for both her art and community contributions. Jill holds an MFA from the School at the Museum of Fine Arts in conjunction with Tufts University. She received a BFA in painting from the College of Visual and Performing Arts at Syracuse University. During her undergraduate studies, Jill spent a year abroad at Central St. Martin’s College of Art in London.



Sa aveti pofta de cultura!

Comentarii